WHY? Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
WHAT? The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Information reported by you on applications or other forms you provide to us.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
When you are no longer our customer, we may continue to share your information as described in this notice.
HOW? All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Dickinson Investment Advisors chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
- For our everyday business purposes—such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations
- For our marketing purposes—to offer our products and services to you
- For joint marketing with – Dickinson & Clark CPAs, PC.
If you would like to limit your sharing of information, please notify Amy at email@example.com or call 712-256-4856.
For our non-affiliates’ (Schwab) everyday business purposes—information about your transactions
How does Dickinson Investment Advisors protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Dickinson Investment Advisors collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you open an account or deposit money, such as with our affiliates or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Affiliates Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Non-affiliates Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Joint marketing A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products of services to you.
Questions? Call Amy Miller at 712-256-4856 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.